Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thank You Very Much . . . .

This month I celebrate the first anniversary of my blog, "Growing
Up Ina". It has been fun sharing stories of my Wadsworth
ancestors from the time they left England and became one of the first families to settle and make their homes in the beautiful little town of Panaca, Utah Territory, now Panaca, Nevada, where my
father, James Allen Wadsworth, was born in 1887 and where I
was born 46 years later.

In telling my stories, I realize I have barely begun my journey,
which began 78 years ago. There are still thousands, even
millions, of words to be put into print as I relive the events that
have shaped my life and the lives of those of you who read these
stories. I thank you for doing so. I appreciate your comments.
They help me to know what it is you really want me to write
about, which events most interest you, and how I can maintain
your interest. I want my stories to help you to know and love
your ancestors, and to better understand what it is that has
shaped my destiny and made me into the person I am today.
I hope with all of my heart that I have remained true to my
heritage.

Writing these stories has not always been easy. Sometimes my
research and memories are easily transferred into the story I
want to tell and sometimes days, or weeks, pass and I have
been unable to write a single line. I am a firm believer in the
'writer's block' I have always read about. It is real.

With Rhonda's help and encouragement, on September 14, 2008,
I posted my first little story. It featured my sweet little Muggles
as she played at Quail Run Dog Park. One year and 8 days later,
on September 22, 2009, my most recent post also features
Muggles enjoying a beautiful Terrier Morning at Quail Run. It
has been a fun year and with your support and encouragement,
I look forward to year number two as I continue my journey,
"Growing Up Ina".

4 comments:

Colburns said...

I am so glad that you did start this blog it entertains me. I hope you are getting better

Rhonda said...

Thank you for your blog. I luv reading about your life and my ancestors. I have learned much!

The Monrreal's said...

I love the stories! They're something to be passed on for generations to come.

Unknown said...

I love learning about my family's history!!!!!! I still need to get our family trees back to you!