Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Anniversary To Us!. . . .

Just a very short post to put it in writing that George and I
are celebrating our 59th wedding anniversary today.

It has been a wonderful life, a great run! It seems hard to
believe that many years have passed since the day two
barely 20 year old sweethearts stood in Mrs. Free's
beautiful yard amid a riot of beautiful flowers and said
"I Do".

There, we pledged to love, honor, and obey each other.
For all of these years, we have covered the love and honor
thing pretty faithfully. George would say that on more
than one occasion, I have failed in the obey category.
Maybe that is what has kept it interesting.

Seriously, today I have so much to thank George for.
I thank him for taking such good care of me and our
children. I thank him for the long hours he always
worked to give us beautiful homes and many things to
make our lives so much fun. I thank him for being such
a wonderful father for Paul, Rhonda, and Craig. I thank
him for being my best friend. I thank him for a broad
shoulder to cry on. I thank him for his steadfast support
even when it may not be warranted. I thank him for
making me laugh (but not always at his corny jokes.) I
thank him for putting up with all of my idiosyncrasy's
even when I know some of them drive him crazy (dolls
and bears, anyone?) I thank him for loving and honoring
my parents and loving my siblings as his own. I thank
him for his humble service to his country, his church
and his fellow men, never asking for anything in return.
I thank him for being a loving, caring, and very involved
granddad and great grandfather. I thank him for being my
own personal "Chef", more delicious meals served than
I could ever count. I thank him for indulging my silly
whims and hearts desires. These are just a few of the
hundreds and hundreds of things I wish to thank him
for.

Most of all, I thank him for loving me for all of these
many years, so Happy Anniversary, George! I love you
more than you will ever know!

3 comments:

Laura Edwards said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

The Monrreal's said...

I have to say you two are the best role models. You have stuck together through thick and thin and have continued to love each other til the end. I cheerish the marriage the two of you hold. You've set the bar high and we all look up to you for that and hope that we too can fulfill a long happy life with the one we love. Happy Anniversary (belated since I just checked your blog)! Love you both oh so very much!!

Rhonda said...

Amen! Thank you and luv you.