Sunday, September 9, 2012

Harlee Mae Colburn - My beautiful Little Namesake. . . .

Harlee Mae Colburn was born August 14, 2012 at
3:33 P.M.  She weighed 6 lbs 13 ozs and was 19"
long  She is our 7th great grandchild, 3 boys and
 4 girls

She is beautiful. We were so excited when she was
born and we were looking forward to having her safely
at home with her mom and dad and her adorable big
sister, Montana.

I did not know until a notice of her birth was posted
on Facebook, that she was given my middle name,
Mae.  I was totally surprised and it made me cry.

It is an honor to have someone think enough of you,
their ancestor, to have their child carry on your name.

Trey's paternal grandmother, Donna, also has Mae
as her middle name, and so Harlee shares that
name with both of her great grandmothers.

When I held her for the first time and looked into
that beautiful little face, my heart swelled with
love and pride and I found myself thinking how
nice it is to know that at least in some small part,
a name has been carried on.

Thank you Trey and Jenna.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Sweet picture,Harlee is so tiny! I absolutely love the name Harlee Mae. I love the way her name sounds and I am thrilled that we have a Harlee Mae,your namesake. Very special indeed!