Thursday, September 18, 2008

I do not rely on my memory alone. . . .

When I write a story, I do so hoping that my children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren will learn some facts about thier ancestors that they have not known before. Therefore, I must not rely on my memory alone. I have in my possession several books about Panaca and the key players in these stories. I also have copies of several histories written by different individuals. I will use these as reference to corroborate facts. My parents, James and Lois, were wonderful story tellers and they talked about their ancestors as if they knew them all personally. While I was growing up, I heard many stories about people, places, and events. Because I heard these stories over and over again, I have been amazed at how many facts I have remembered correctly. Of course, the stories I tell about my own escapades do not need corroboration from anyone but myself and my memory. But, I suppose that could be open for debate. . . . . .?

No comments: